Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer/Netowrking Issue  (Read 3009 times)

Adam H

Computer/Netowrking Issue
« on: February 05, 2005, 09:53:06 AM »
Hello,

My problem involves my family’s printer and our network. In our house we have 2 computers. The computer which the printer hooked up to in my room we’ll call “Family computer” and the other, which my dad uses, ill refer to as “Work computer”

The issue is that from Family Computer, my dad usually can from Work computer when it is logged into MY account. And even then, it sometimes does not work. These two computers share a router and they both have a working internet connection.

Work computer sometimes can see this computer (Family computer) from it’s “My Network Places” and sometimes it can’t.

My question is WHY is this happening and how can I fix it? Do I need to re-establish the network altogether? Right now, my dad just printed something off successfully while the computer was logged into MY account. When the computer is in my brother’s, sister’s, or mother’s account, it won’t print. Please help!

Thanks,
Adam

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer/Netowrking Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 10:56:37 AM »