Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: copying Excel chart to word  (Read 2838 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

copying Excel chart to word
    « on: May 10, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
    I wish to copy an Excel chart to a Word document but I want the chart size reduced. I manage to use Zoom in the View menu in Excel to reduce the chart to the right size. I then copy it, go to the Word document and use Paste special, as recommended by Help. The copied chart in the Word document then truns out to be page size rather than the size I wanted!

pcsourcepoint

Beginner

• Linking For Knowledge
      Re: copying Excel chart to word
      « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »
      I think you can: insert - Object - Microsoft Chart (or similar) from a word document, and then possibly modify the chart...
      MP3 Free Software Downloads (My Freeware
       reviews for MP3's - Encoders, Editors, Burners, extractors, etc)

Computer Tech Links (My Tips of Internet/Blog/Computer/Software)

cryhelp

Hopeful
      • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
        "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »
          Thank you cryhelp. that is a very useful article.

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
          I manage to use Zoom in the View menu in Excel to reduce the chart to the right size.
          Hmm, I'm wondering how you did that since Zoom in not available for charts in my Excel 2003.  Charts can easily be resized using the sizing handles on the chart.  I just opened an Excel file containing a chart, copied it into Word, then shrunk it and copied it again, then enlarged it to a size larger than the original and again copied it into Word.  At this, point, I had three sizes of the same chart in Word. 

I believe one mistake you're making is using Paste Special.  Just paste it.

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »
            I have Excel 2000. I could use Zoom only after I had clicked on 'Sized with Window' in the View Menu. That worked for one figure that I copied to Word using Paste rather tha Paste special. But it did not work with the other figure for some reason! I then set up a table in the Word document (as recommended in the link provided)with the size I wanted the figure to occupy. The Copy and Paste then worked.

cryhelp

Hopeful
            • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
              « Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 06:25:18 AM »
              So now you are able to accomplish what you wished?  Good Luck. ;D
              "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain