Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: twunk 16 and vwin 32 error  (Read 5367 times)

crash98

Topic Starter

Rookie

twunk 16 and vwin 32 error
    « on: May 21, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »
    I installed an external cd burner on my win 98se computer.  I had problems installing it and I ended up running my recovery disc and then adding an Auto Patch for windows 98 se to get all of the updates installed.  My cd burner now works but when I try to download pictures nothing happens. I unistalled and reinstalled my hardware but when I do I get twunk 16 error or vwin 32 error.  What happened?  Did I do something wrong.  Did I down load a virus in the auto patch?

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: twunk 16 and vwin 32 error
      « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
      First of all it would help if we knew what burner you installed.  Did you install from a CD?  etc.  More info you can give better chance we have of helping.  In the meantime maybe this will get you started. TWUNK Error When Launching TWAIN Driver
      The problem is the difference between 16-bit and 32-bit TWAIN components. When a 16-bit TWAIN driver calls on a 32-bit TWAIN data source, the operating system generates a TUWNK_16 error. To avoid this error, use a 16-bit TWAIN data source with 16-bit host software, and a 32-bit TWAIN data source with 32-bit host software. Here are some examples:

Software
       Version
       TWAIN Data Source

Adobe Photoshop Software
       2.5 - 3.04
       16 bit only

3.05* - 4.0
       16 bit or 32 bit

5.0, 5.5, and later
       32 bit only

Micrografx Picture Publisher
       3.0 - 5.0
       16 bit only

6.0 - 8.0
       16 bit or 32 bit

* Photoshop v3.05 requires an update which is available from the Adobe Web site (www.adobe.com).

"Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

crash98

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »
        I installed the Iomega 3teh120152 from a CD.  Tonight when I started the computer, I tried to open a game that came with the computer.  I got a 0028:co2a2occ VXD VWIN 32 (05) error and then it said module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff7b817 error.
        I did a search on this computer for the "twunk 16.exe"  file and the "vwin 32.exe" and it shows up but what do I do with it?

cryhelp

Hopeful
        • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
          « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
          OK lets start over.  What antivirus program do you have?  Run a scan and lets see what turns up. I think at best you may have corrupted registry files and a virus.  You can check out:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315573 about registry issues, but lets start with the virus scan.
          "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

crash98

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:59:19 PM »
            My virus scan tool is out dated and it found nothing wrong. The last time I bought a new virus scan for my computer, it crashed and I had to take it to someone to fix it.  McAfee.  I'm going to try and restore the registry so if you don't hear from me, I killed it.

crash98

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
              I didn't go through the registry myself.  I found a free registry repair scan that found over 200 problems and fixed them.  Well most of them.  I let defrag and disc cleanup run afterwords and then rebooted the computer and ran everthing again. I still get the same errors.

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »
              Post EXACT  error messages, and WHEN they occur.
              You CAN'T use internet safely without antivirus program.