Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE error message  (Read 3019 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

IE error message
    « on: May 10, 2008, 06:28:36 AM »
    I have Internet Explorer 6 with windows 98SE. Some months ago an error message started cropping up with IE and it would shut down. A window would come up asking to report the error to Microsoft, which I did on numerous occasions with no response. I have tried numerous ways of getting rid of the problem without success so I use Firefox most of the time but I do need to use IE on occasions. I cannot upgrade to IE7 because of the system I have. I have been unable to reinstall IE6.

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: IE error message
      « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
      If I remember correctly 98SE in the control panel under add/remove if you click on IE it gives you the opportunity to remove or repair.  Running repair may correct your problem.
      "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

cryhelp

Hopeful
      • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
        « Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »
        I have been unable to reinstall IE6 I forgot to mention that it takes sometime for the repair to take place, so be sure and wait until it tells you to reboot.  It would be easy to think the program had stalled.
        "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:42:39 PM »
          Thanks for that suggestion. I have done that so IE6 has been re-installed. It now works OK except that it puts out an error message when I click on X to shut it down. this error message seems to be an error. I can now use IE so long as I am prepared to ignore the false error message.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »
          What does it say?
          Maybe, you should try Firefox? Less problems...

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »
            I have been using Firefox for months but occasionally it is necessary to use IE.

Broni

Mastermind
            • Kraków my love :)
              • Computer Help Forum
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »
            I see...