Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card help  (Read 2229 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Video card help
    « on: May 11, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »
    I want to buy a video card so that I can put my old home movies onto my computer and burn them onto a disk. I heard I dont have to buy a video card I can just use an RCA cable my first question is if I used an RCA cable and wanted to hook it from my computer to a VCR how would that work. Also if I got a video card with an S video jack where would that hooker into a VCR at I have an older VCR so it seems like I cant but I've been googling how to hook a RCA cord to a VCR with no luck so any help would be appreated thanks.

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

Re: Video card help
      « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
      there are cables that convert your vcr's signal to digital thru s-video.

I purchased a video converting software to get old footage off vcrsa to my computer and then made a dvd highlights movie of the footage.

this was a while back. ill get the name of the software and a the cable details when i get home. You should be able to get the cable if you have converting software.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
        I have something called Dazzle video creator....... u can hook it up to any video output, and burn it directly to a DVD.  Its either 70 if you dont want to edit it, or 100 with editing capabilities.

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »
          I've heard of dazzle I was on the best buy web site it got a 3.7 rating the reviews said the software with it was terrible and that it took forever to load. How does an S video cable hook up to your video cards are all Video card ports for the S video cable the same and could I hook an S video cable to a VCR. I also have a question if anyone knows anything about RCA jacks do you just hook them up to your sound card or would you go out and get a video card and then hook it up to your video card thats probably a silly question but I'm new to this.