Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Very slow pc  (Read 2887 times)

GP2

Very slow pc
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:12:25 AM »
when i double click my computer icon it takes a couple of mins before it display all the content. I try restoring it but still doesnt work also i try to defrog but still it took so long before it opens. Im using windows xp professional version 5.1 service pack 2. thanks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Very slow pc
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »
Does this still happen in Safe Mode?

Do you remember downloading/installing anything recently?
What Antivirus do you have?

cryhelp

Hopeful
  • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
    « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »
    when i double click my computer icon   Does this happen with any icon or just my computer?
    "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

naresh.techie

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:44:42 AM »
      HI

Remove unused programs, increase the size of the hard disk, or remove programs from the hard disk so that you can install the programs on another hard disk
      Windows can run very slow if you are running out of hard disk space. Depending on the types of programs that you run and the amount of programs that you are running, more memory may be required for the computer to remain stable and efficient. The computer becomes unstable if the amount of available hard disk space is low.

kasrawis

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:05:33 AM »
        when i double click my computer icon it takes a couple of mins before it display all the content. I try restoring it but still doesnt work also i try to defrog but still it took so long before it opens. Im using windows xp professional version 5.1 service pack 2. thanks

need more info of your computer

like HDD  RAM Processor etc

i think that

your system is slow cos of unused softwares and also open task manager(Ctrl+Alt+del) for once stop processing some softwares like google toolbar update livecall.exe or anyother software you may installed and running and off course clean your temp. internet files if you installed anything direct from internet like spyremover etc please let us know
         hope it helps you