Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Which game made you jump, look over your shoulder, or accidently hit the attack button.

Doom 3
12 (25%)
Aliens Vs. Predator
1 (2.1%)
Silent Hill series
10 (20.8%)
F.E.A.R
9 (18.8%)
Corridor 7
2 (4.2%)
Clive Barkers Undying
0 (0%)
Other
14 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Most Scary/Creepy/Intense game  (Read 36436 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Most Scary/Creepy/Intense game
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 10:46:16 AM »
the first Quake. The way I had it set up there wasn't any music, which differed from the other FPS games I had at the time, Duke 3D and Doom (scary in a "hey, quite biting me, you gosh-darn demon, that hurts slightly"). God knows how many times I had to re-do segments involving those bloody shamblers in Nightmare skill. I go around a corner expecting to pop a knight or two, and be greeted by a shambler:

Me: Die! you *censored* knights! hey wait a sec.

Shambler: roar.

Me: Eeek! die you demon spawn!

Shambler: hey.

Me: Run away!

Shambler: hey no fair I can't fit down that hallway

Me: ha that put you in your place. eat Nails!

Shambler: ack you have killed me.

Me: yay!

The shambler,baron of *censored*, and battlelord have got to be some of the most hated enemies (by me) in Quake,Doom, and Duke3d respectively.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Incidious

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »
    The shambler,baron of h**l, and battlelord have got to be some of the most hated enemies (by me) in Quake,Doom, and Duke3d respectively.

Agreed  :)

Incidious

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
      I found Resident Evil 4 to be rather humorous. Especially the merchant. I couldn't play through that game without laughing every time he said something.

"Eheheheh thank you"  :-X

Have you ever accidentaly killed the merchant?  I did by mistake... not a good idea.  :-\

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
        When he says what are you selling, I say what do you want to buy.  Yeah just for fun.  There was one time when you play as the girl I ended up killing him an lossing cause you have to beat the boss.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

!~*:.Pink Floyd.:*~!

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »
        Quack shot for the Sega was creepy

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »
        "Quack shot" is "barney & friends" when compared to the demonic cartridge that is "Duck Hunt". You keep playing and playing, WHERE IS THE END! Save me from this wretched limbo that is duck hunt!
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

UrchinK3n

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 09:59:16 PM »
        Silent Hill....
        That's the scariest for me..

This game freaks  me out...............

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »
        I tried to play Silent Hill on the Playstation, but it just gave me a headache and motion sickness. Something about the way the camera is in that game. Didn't find it all that scary though.
        « Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:36:31 AM by quaxo »

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 04:42:39 AM »
          Resident evil code victoria just the one part where you walk down the hall an theres hunters.  I didnt know at the time an well got me from behind.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 09:09:06 AM »
          Probably F.E.A.R. for me.
          Something about the music and the weird noises when "unknown transmission" comes up, and then all the dissolving ghosts and stuff . . . you know it's coming but it still scares the *censored* out of me.
          Doom 3 didn't scare me whatsoever, and Doom 1 just makes me laugh.  It can get insanely hard at times though.

Incidious

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
            Probably F.E.A.R. for me.
            Something about the music and the weird noises when "unknown transmission" comes up, and then all the dissolving ghosts and stuff . . . you know it's coming but it still scares the h**l out of me.
            Doom 3 didn't scare me whatsoever, and Doom 1 just makes me laugh.  It can get insanely hard at times though.

I couldn't agree with you more, although, I still have to stick with the Solroc in Corridor 7, maybe becuase I was a kid when I played it.  F.E.A.R, would be second on my list though.

pcjoseph1974

Intermediate

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »
              There are much creepier games than those. How about realms of the haunting, sanitarium, and system shock 2?? How could you make a creepy game list and not include system shock 2???

Incidious

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 06:12:47 AM »
                There are much creepier games than those. How about realms of the haunting, sanitarium, and system shock 2?? How could you make a creepy game list and not include system shock 2???

Well, honestly, the poll was composed based off of top ten lists found on the internet.  I only browsed a couple but didn't see system shock 2 on any of them. Never played the game my self or heard of it. But, now that you mention it I am going to do my homework and look into it. :)

AzNVi3t2007

Rookie

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
                  Silent Hill always scared the crap outta me especially when I played it at night lol..
                  <^>(>_<)<^>

ThanksForHelp

Rookie

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 09:10:41 PM »
                    When I first got my ps2 and the disney madagascar game I was afraid to play the last level because I saw the lion on the level selection.  Come to think of it I never beat that game because I was afraid of that lion.
                    Anyways, I second system shock 2, and I'll jump on the bandwagon and say F.E.A.R.  Nobody mentioned Bloodshot:Condemned either which was scary in the "the lighting only lets me see a few feet in front of me and I've only got a toilet seat to beat zombie things down with." kind of way.
                    Oh and manhunt scared me too, this was before it was banned in the states for the records.  It wasn't really the game that scared me, but the thought that kids somewhere may end up wanting to emulate the things they saw in this game. (but then I realized kids aren't dumb and I'm trying to use the "grand theft auto" logic as to why some kids end up living in jail.)
                    Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows Vista.