Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse wheel  (Read 3738 times)

Bermudah

Topic Starter

Mouse wheel
    « on: May 20, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »
    Hello,

I was playing a game when all of a sudden my sound went ''poof''. After trying to find what caused it it appears to be my mouse wheel. Since a few hours I apparently am able to control the volume with it, or turn off the sound completely. This happened while I was playing the game. I did not download anything, I did not do anything, I was just doing what I normally do. Now I can't scroll down or up anymore, I use my scroller alot and now the only thing I can do with it is adjust the volume. How can I put it back to normal?

thanks

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: Mouse wheel
      « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »
      Info please.  Operating system, make and model of the mouse. 
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

Bermudah

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »
        Oh sorry,

It's a MI-7750R Wireless laser mouse

( http://img.pconline.com.cn/images/product/2025/202584/MOUSE_Trust_MI-7750R_sn.jpg )

I am running Windows XP Home edition.
        I don't really know much of hardware, so if theres anything else you specifically need to know please tell me.

That is by the way the only mouse I have that problem with. When I use another mouse it just works normally.

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »
          I can't follow the link you incldued above, but I'm guessing your mouse should look something like this:

The buttons should function like this:

I'm guessing that you pressed Button E too long and switched your mouse to Media Control Mode.  Hold it down for 5 seconds and it should switch back to Normail Mode.  I would check the software that came with the mouse and see if you can disable the Media Control Mode, at least while you are playing games. 

Dias de verano

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
          Good one, Eg0death!

I hate those wireless mice personally.

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 12:48:41 PM »
            I consider that to be a very strange bit of functionality.  I can imagine myself turning that mouse into a projectile when it switched over to Media Control Mode in the middle of a game, thus ending any and all functionality of said mouse.