Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard randomly lags when playing any game.  (Read 2667 times)

Alkamar

Topic Starter

Rookie

Keyboard randomly lags when playing any game.
    « on: May 17, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »
    There are many definitions to keyboard lags so I will specify and be more specific.
    When I am playing ANY game on my computer, or things that run the CPU at 100% anything (including the mouse) has a delayed reaction, then once it does press the button it seems to hold it in for a period of time, such as 4 – 5 seconds.

Let me tell you, I have done everything I can. I am running out of ideas. The last thing I can think of is going on every single computer help forum I know and posting this question.
    I DID have ATI Tray Tools, A program that is an alternative to ATI’s Catalyst Control Center. I do have both of them running. I also recently (due to reading some threads) uninstalled ATI Tray Tools. Problem still persists. I have reinstalled my Keyboard drivers, mouse drivers, video drivers, and reset ATI Catalyst to factoring settings, I’ve turned off the AGP speed (just to see what would happen) and it still persists.
    Now you probably are saying “AGP? How old is this computer?” The specifications of this computer are listed below:

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Computer:
    Intel®
    Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz
    2.66 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Video Specs:
    ATI Radeon 9600
    AGP 8X
    256 MB
    DDR
    Core Clock: 324 MHz

Keyboard:
    Microsoft Natural® MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A

Mouse:
    Logitech UltraX Optical USB Mouse

I can’t give you the exact specs of the motherboard but it is an IBM Think Centre. The BIOS was updated like only 6 - 7 Months ago (Basically when I first installed the system), and the last update was in like 2005 – 2006. Anyway, I am pulling hairs out on this and I really need any suggestion you can throw at me and I will do it. The computer was doing fine for months. And it just started going downhill…

So to sum it up: keyboard and mouse randomly freeze in any game that uses the CPU up to 100%. I need any help I can get.

Thank you.

PS. I have attached the Hijack this log to the post. If you need it.

[recovering space - attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Keyboard randomly lags when playing any game.
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »
    "Fix" this one:
    - O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [LogiSPSetupNeedReboot] rundll32.exe
    Other, then that the log is clean.

Alkamar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
      Well, I did a system restore to the time before I upgraded to SP3...

The lag does not appear to happen anymore.

That sucks seeing as an update can cause lag I'm not sure what else I can't update on this computer.

Probablly going to leave it un upgraded for awhile and just see what happens.

I will post again if the problem hasn't gone away.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:28:01 PM »
      Good luck :)

Alkamar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »
        Ok well... The lag seemed to sort of go away for awhile, but I had recently done ALOT of uninstalling of programs and so they kind of reappeared, but not everything is there. I cannot unstall them again. and they cannot be fully run without causing errors. So I restored to the last day there was a restore... everything seemed to be fine.. but the lag of course came back so, I thought if worse comes to worse I'll just re-install everything on the older (10 days old) restore, and unstall them again.

However now the lag is back on the older restore... so short from completely starting over on the computer (formatting) is there anything I can do?

Hmm... Actually I'll try doing a upgrade or repair from the disc.. I will prolly have to install all the updates again but oh well...

I will post back.

transporter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
          mmmmmmmmmm i have mouse that did this lag thing you speak of but all the time.....
           i switched computers and the mouse worked fine.

now being 4 months later that computer died hardcore

my motherboard is fried and capacitors blown and bulging

it's isn't the same exact scenario but kinda alike. could try other parts like maybe ram or other components. possibly hardware failure.

could just be lag if your PC is running at 100%. but you do have a fairly good system.

run some virus scans not likely the problem but never hurts to Scan your computer.
          i run 7 different screens with 7 different towers(SYNERGY)
          1. always test the ram
          2. switch graphics cards
          3. run your virus scans
          4. mix and match parts
          5. just because it was thrown out doesn't mean it's all bad
          somethings broken/They think it's slow(Reinstall windows)

cryhelp

Hopeful
          • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
            « Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 10:21:27 PM »
            1.00 GB of RAM Most all I read states that a lot of games need 2 GB Ram to run correctly.  You might try disabling a lot of running processes that you don't need for games and see if that helps.
            "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
            Have you tried another keyboard ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "