Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Office 2003 Free Trial removal  (Read 3245 times)

rightcharlie

Topic Starter

Rookie

Microsoft Office 2003 Free Trial removal
    « on: May 17, 2008, 08:41:58 AM »
    In Dec 06 I purchased a Fujitsu Siemens laptop running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed. The deal came with a free 90 day trial version of Microsoft Office 2003 already installed.
    I've not used application much and don't want to pay for full version (yes, I'm cheap!). When I go into Add/Remove programs and try and remove I get the following message:
    "This patch could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."
    I've not had any problems removing other unwanted programs and would prefer not to have the thing taking up space on the hard drive. Is there anything that can be done - or does it not matter?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Microsoft Office 2003 Free Trial removal
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 09:23:03 AM »
    When I go into Add/Remove programs and try and remove I get the following message:
    "This patch could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."
    See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295823

rightcharlie

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Microsoft Office 2003 Free Trial removal
      « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »
      Result!!!
      That's one clever soybean.