Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card Fried? HELP!  (Read 2476 times)

ihavknoidea

Video Card Fried? HELP!
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:20:56 AM »
I was reliving the old days playing some diablo 2 on LAN for around 6 hours with my ATI visiontek x1300 512mb's memory overclocked (from 265 to 400) and suddenly the computer freezes and i hear beeps. Later through research i found out that beeps meant something and i'm PRETTY sure i heard a low beep and two high's- which means video card not responding/ reseat/replace- on my bios. It was about 80F in the room and upon opening the computer i realized that my belkin pre-n adapter was more or less completely covering the video card's built in fan, with only a couple millimeters of space in between. Now i get no display at all and i'd firstly like to get my onboard graphics card working so i can see my display, then hopefully get my PCI-E slot video card working.

my computer

eMachine t6520
AMD athlon 64 2400+ cpu
not sure what kind of mobo and now there's no way to see the display
ati visiontek x1300 512mb video card

what i've tried

Checking that the monitor is working on another computer
checking the power cable for loose ends
taking out the battery to reset the CMOS, left out for about 3 minutes
taking out the PCI E video card and plugging the monitor into the onboard slot
reseating the pci e video card
powering down to let cool for about 6 hours in a cooler room

HELP

Dias de verano

Re: Video Card Fried? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
try booting up with the pci-e video card not present & the monitor plugged into the onboard outlet and press the insert key as the pc boots

You have been a silly billy haven't you?