Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unexplain HD BIOS Hardware Like Problems  (Read 3449 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Unexplain HD BIOS Hardware Like Problems
    « on: June 06, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »
    I have a Asus P3B-F JumperFreetm ATX Mother board, Western digital drive 40 gb,rj45,dial up card,sound card,video card......  Anyway the thing is I looked in the pc so I knew where the I/o header connections went worked fine till this.  Installed new ram cause problems removed it.  The thing is I put in differnt drives an the BIOS seems them some times an not others.  Then when it tells me in the post if its there it says there is no primary master.  I tried another ide cable an manual haveing it look at the drive in the bios.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Crafty

Re: Unexplain HD BIOS Hardware Like Problems
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »
    Do you have this Harddrive set as Primary master and is the jumper set to master yes/no?

have you tried to get the bios to auto detect the harddrive yes/no?

Is the harddrive on the middle part of the ide cable yes/no?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:34:59 PM »
      yes, yes an no, see what I mean it should work.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Crafty

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »
      yes, yes an no, see what I mean it should work.

So you are saying "no" to the hard drive is not on the on the middle part of the ide cable?
      « Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:13:22 PM by Crafty »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »
        Yes an no since there are no other drives.

Crafty

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »
        Place it on the middle of the ide cable and try jumper cable select on the drive! What harddrive is this?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:26:52 PM by Crafty »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 04:58:46 PM »
          WEstern Digital boots xp os.  I did so but it as master an it sees it in the bios but not in the post then it restarts.

Crafty

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
          So, when the harddrive jumper is cable select and is placed on the middle of the ide cable it is now recognised in the bios yes/no?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 05:17:08 PM »
            Couldnt say I did set it to that but know thee disc is loading which didnt happen.  So I thinking its working if theres more trouble, I'll be back.

Crafty

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
            Yes an no since there are no other drives.

How have you put a disc in when you said there are no other drives?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 05:40:51 PM »
              I have a cd drive just no other hd, I thought thats what you where meaning like if I had sata drives or an IDE card or something.

jnetwon2

Starter

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 05:43:12 AM »
                It makes a difference if you have your cd-drive hooked up to the same cable as hard drive.  Master is always in the middle regardless.  However, I disagree and believe that your jumper should be set to master not cable select.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 06:07:21 AM »
                  Well I don't i Use separate cables but that gives me the idea that I can have five drives if I want too.  I never heard of that was taught to plug them in at the other end blue to MB an black to hd.

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 06:45:45 AM »
                  It makes a difference if you have your cd-drive hooked up to the same cable as hard drive.  Master is always in the middle regardless.  However, I disagree and believe that your jumper should be set to master not cable select.

This is incorrect...master should be cabled at the end of the IDE ribbon cable with the slave on the middle connector.
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 07:05:37 AM »
                    AS I thought but its working not complaing