Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with site and Firefox  (Read 3268 times)

deancicca

Topic Starter

Starter

Need help with site and Firefox
    « on: May 17, 2008, 03:33:28 AM »
    This is my first try at building a real site. I've used frontpage 2003 to build it as a friend of mine uses frontpage and said it was the easiest to use. Being a linux user my skills at MS products are a little old and rusty. Anyhow......

My site http://www.floridasunshineshuttle.com seems to have some kind of a delay or flash per se when you use Firefox. The template links render in the middle of the screen for a brief moment then the page comes up. This doesn't seem to be the case when someone uses IE. It also doesn't happen when using konqueror. When using opera it only happens on certain pages not all.

Is this a case of MS not wanting to play nicely or do I have a problem somewhere?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Need help with site and Firefox
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 09:28:16 AM »
    Seems to work equally well in IE 7 and Firefox 2.0.2.14 on my computer. 

deancicca

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 09:34:11 AM »
      You didn't get that delay before the page opened?

I'm using FF 2.0.0.12. Wonder if that makes a difference?

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »
      OK, upon repeating this, I did notice a difference.  In Firefox, I first see just a blue background with the text links that are supposed to be on the left side of the page displayed in the center of the page.  This quickly resolves and the page displays the full content in its final form.  The total time for the page to fully render in IE and Firefox seems to be about the same.  So, when you said "delay", I guess I was expecting something more. 

I don't know yet what causes this difference.  If I have a chance to look at it in more detail and notice something that might be the cause, I'll post here again.  In the meantime, someone else may have a suggestion. 

deancicca

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
        Yes, that is what I meant was happening. It seems strange that it happens in some browsers but not others. Also some pages are affected while others are not.

deancicca

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »
          I think I may have figured out what the problem is, it was the live help addition. I've since deleted and reinstalled and it seems to have fixed the problem for the most part but do still it on some pages but not all the time.

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:03:53 AM »
          I just browsed quite a few of your pages, using Firefox, and they all displayed fine.  Seems like you've solved the problem.