Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: downloading Access Boss  (Read 4696 times)

capricorn0156

downloading Access Boss
« on: February 07, 2005, 11:17:49 PM »
How do I download the Access Boss program after I have received my registration number. I was instructed to click on Help menu and then select About ( the only About that appears is for an internet access) and then select registration code link and enter number. I can not get anywhere after clicking th Help menu

capricorn0156

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: downloading Access Boss
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 12:50:50 AM »
    capricorn0156....You should have received this link........
    Here is the link you requested:
    http://www.fspro.net/download/aboss.zip

Click the enclosed link and it will D/L .........it is a zip file .....unzip it and click on the ab_setup icon .......When its finished installing ...it askes to reboot .......then when its rebooted .....click on the icon that will be on your desktop........a box will popup called ABOUT .......down near the bottom you will see "Enter the registration code" .......then enter your name and the registration number they sent you and its done ........Enjoy    

Hope this helps you

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 12:51:42 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

sheron_e_leonard

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 04:16:40 AM »
    thank youdl65 I have downloaded the program access boss from the icon on my screen and have gone all the way through to the about window and entered my name and registration code given to me ( I typed it in manually from the print I made from the acceptance notice in my email box) The problem still exists where the box marked OK is shaded in gray and will not let me click on. I have tried to cvontact them via email through outlook express. I am going to have to have someone with server knowledge because I think I set it up incorrectly. It keeps sending me an error message I am not  understanding because, as I mentioned before, I am computer illiterate. I am an old dog learning new tricks but I keep on trying. Thank you again for all your attention to me problem

capricorn0156
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 04:17:30 AM by sheron_e_leonard »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 01:08:29 PM »
      capricorn0156.....Have you had any reply back from the program supplier yet ......?
      You mentioned ....." I am going to have to have someone with server knowledge because I think I set it up incorrectly. It keeps sending me an error message I am not  understanding ......"
      What do you think you set up incorrectly ........? and what is the error message you are receiving ?

Let us know ,

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

sheron e leonard

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 03:15:50 AM »
      Thank You dl65. I beleive I have incorrectly set up my outlook express withe the wrong server information in order to send and receive email to fsnet.  The error message reads, if memory doesn't fail me, that the connection has been terminated, my pop address is not recognized. I am not sure what my server for outgoing mail address or incoming mail address is. ( http, pop,etc.) I went into my computer and then into network places to look for that information but it is all GREEK to me. I cannot contact the company I purchased Access Boss from until I do. I do have several friends and people I work with that ARE computer literate. My kids seem to know more than I , How embarrassing is that???  Thanks again for coming to my rescue

capricorn0156