Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cpu?  (Read 2459 times)

petals357

Topic Starter

Starter

cpu?
    « on: May 20, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
    I have a Gateway GT5473E Desktop Computer
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 AM2 uATX Motherboard  

When i first got this computer after it ran awhile the monitor went disorted, jagged lines all over the screen. After a few reboots windows would not load up it would freeze while in the process of loading up and the jagged line would appear. Now only the fans will come on and nothing else, no lights no beeps no keyboard lights no monitor not anything but the fans will run.. I took it to the shop and the man said it was the motherboard im like huh! I was thinking it was the CPU. I have this other computer that does the same thing and it did the same thing after i broke off some pins on the CPU. I havent even touched the CPU on this one and it acting the same way only the fans will work and nothing else thats why i think that tech and the shop is wrong and its the CPU what can you tell me?

brett74

Apprentice

Re: cpu?
      « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
       I would first check to see if the psu isn't overheating. what's the watts on your psu?

petals357

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:18:37 AM »
         but i dont think its over heating, it doesn't do anything but the fans are working and thats all. It has a blue light around the power button its not coming on anymore... no other lights, sounds, etc. Just the Fans Blow
         6506085R - Delta 300 Watt Power Supply
         6506086R - 300-Watt Power Supply SATA 20-Pin Non-PFC - HIPRO
         6506087R - BESTEC 300 Watt Power Supply

Thermal Power 65 W
        « Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:37:12 AM by petals357 »

mangon

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »
          3 option:

1st , try your processor in other mboard and memory too... 
          2nd try to check ur cable connections specially your hard disk cable..
          and the last one try to change ur power supply..

all good? means your motherboard has a problem...

if you have no extra cpu that's the problem too...

good luck

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »
          but i dont think its over heating, it doesn't do anything but the fans are working and thats all. It has a blue light around the power button its not coming on anymore... no other lights, sounds, etc. Just the Fans Blow
           6506085R - Delta 300 Watt Power Supply
           6506086R - 300-Watt Power Supply SATA 20-Pin Non-PFC - HIPRO
           6506087R - BESTEC 300 Watt Power Supply

Thermal Power 65 W

Are you saying you have all 3 of these PSU's and you have the same symptoms ? ?
          Not one of those brand names inspires confidence in me and you are trying to run a newer setup on 300W...
          Borrow a known working PSU of about 400W or better and swap it in there to test.
          If it runs get a beefier PSU.

P.S. The fan running on a PSU is no indication of it's general health.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "