Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power Source Issue?  (Read 5051 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Power Source Issue?
    « Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 04:28:01 PM »
    Yes, thank you general
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Crafty

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »
    Yes, thank you general

Whats that about ???

mickeymg

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 05:53:11 PM »
      I believe it is the CPU fan that I'm talking about.  How do I get the temp of the pc before it shuts down?  Is there something I can moniter that will tell me the temp?

Crafty

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »
      Well I would replace that fan for a start. Even if it doesn't turn out to be the problem at-least it will be much quieter. What windows are you using?

Try sisoftware Sandra (link below for download). This program tells you all you need to know about your computer and should allow you to monitor your CPU Temp.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1391

mickeymg

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »
        XP (w/ SP2 upgrade).  With the fan I need only worry about the socket type (and that it's compatible with my amd athlon) correct? If this was your PC and it didn't turn out to be the CPU fan would you then move onto the PSU or something else?

Crafty

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »
        I would suspect the Psu - Yes. However, don't take my word as "Gospel", but from what you have described those are the things I suspect and would defiantly check out first.

mickeymg

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »
          Don't worry, I won't hunt you down if these things don't work! ;)  Thank you for you help!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »
            Same here usually if the cpu isnt being cooled right this will happen, its a joke a street1 thing.  :D
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

xavier

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 07:22:03 PM »
            Sounds like a heat related issue ,check all fans, take off side of case and with a small hoese fan let air blow into pc ,this is only a test.