Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help a guy out - No sound and Internet browser is acting up  (Read 3364 times)

dochall22

Topic Starter

Starter

Ok, so I had a new mother board installed a month ago - shop gave me a disk for my reboot when it came time, so I went and wiped off windows and re-installed b/c there was a bunch of stuff going on with the computer, so after the install I now have no sound, and when I'm on IE the computer has a really hard time scrolling up and down, you can visually watch as it refreshes each line as it goes downt he screen.  Videos play fine, (no sound) - so I dont know what to do.   Any suggestions?  I havent called the shop yet b/c I wanted to try to fix it myself.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Help a guy out - No sound and Internet browser is acting up
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »
    click Start then Run and type in Devmgmt.msc  and click OK
    This will take you into Device Manager. If you see a yellow "!" next to any of your devices then you need a driver for that device.
    Your computer may have came with a drivers disk. It might say something like: Drivers and Utilities or something similar.
    If you don't have a drivers disk then the best place to get them is from your computer manufacturers website. check that out and see if they have a driver download page.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

dochall22

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
      I found yellow errors with the "other devices" and it is the ones that control sound, communications and video.   Any suggestions?  I dont have the original reboot disk with the drivers, i have a new one that was made for me when my new mother board was put it, and he didnt put those drivers on the disk.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:41:16 PM »
      Visit your MBoard manufacturers site and grab the MBoard drivers.
      You didn't mention whose board it is or Links may have been posted.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:34:26 AM »
      The guy that installed your motherboard should have run the drivers disk. He at least should have given it to you after the install. Is this guy claiming to be a professional?
      Do you know the brand of motherboard you have now?
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

dochall22

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »
        He must have missed something on the disk he made me.  Once I found the yellow ?'s I went in and had windows search for drivers to update it through da interwebs and it worked.  I got sound, I got better video quality, and my interent is not slow as fawk.  Thanks for the help guise. 

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »
        Good News...
        But in future don't rely on Windows to update/install Device drivers.....always go to the manuf. site for the right ones/
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "