Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Temperature limits  (Read 3609 times)

WestAirAviation

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Temperature limits
    « on: May 22, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »
    Eh, I was wondering if anyone could help me nab the upper temperature limits (*C or F* will do) for my GPU - an NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (GeForce 7950 GT), for my CPU, and an  AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+.

I'd also like any help with knowing what exactly happens upon system overheating, or overcooling. I can't seem to find these answers anywhere specific, and I think my computer may be overheating its components with the GeForce 7950 running at 70*C, the Nforce running at 53*C (whatever Nforce is).
    « Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:08:46 AM by WestAirAviation »

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: Temperature limits
      « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:34:21 AM »
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Temperature limits
      « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:51 AM »
      Most components have a recommended maximum threshold of about 194°F (or 90°C). If you go over that, you risk damaging the components.

If you want to get your temps down, make sure your case is well ventilated and all fans are working properly. Without proper ventilation and fans, cooler air from outside your system isn't pulled in and warmer air within the system isn't blown out. You might also consider some type of cooling system.

nForce is your motherboard chipset.