Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games with astigmatism  (Read 5680 times)

alesch

Games with astigmatism
« on: February 08, 2005, 03:24:56 PM »
For the past while several of my games have gone insane on me. They display double images, sometimes two or three which ghost over each other and makes them essentially unplayable. These are all games that worked on my computer before. I've tried everything I could think of short of reformatting my computer. I've tried:

Running virus scans
Scandisk
Defrag
Asking my mom to buy me a new one
Asking random people on the street to buy me a new computer
Reinstalling the games
Reinstalling the video drivers
Uninstalling EVERYTHING I COULD
Reinstalling everything I uninstalled
Screaming nasty words at my computer (I felt better after this one, but the games still don't work)

Somehow uninstalling and reinstalling all these files corrupted some system files dealing with IP protocols, killing my internet connection. I eventually got that fixed at least, but then even more games started to go myopic.

The games that I've found that have started doing this so far are:
Xcom
Blitzkreig
Dragon Throne
Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood
Sudden Strike
Sudden Strike II
Alien vs Predator
and
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3

I'm running a 700Mhz Comaq computer that's probably just tryng to tell me to let it die. My video card is the only new part in the machine (everything else is 5 years old or so) and it's an nVidia GeForceFX somethingorother. If someone could think of a way to fix this it'd be appreciated.

Alex

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Games with astigmatism
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:53:41 PM »
Alex... I'm guessing that these problems happened RIGHT after you installed your new video card, right?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

alesch

Re: Games with astigmatism
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 08:27:12 PM »
Actually the wierd part is it didn't, it happened about 4 months after I had it installed.