Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unhide problm Please help  (Read 2143 times)

gautam

Topic Starter

Unhide problm Please help
    « on: May 23, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »
    Hi
    I am suffering with my laptop.It is loaded with XP Pro SP 2.My problem is that the whenever i hide any file or folder it is vanished from my lapto,though unhide option was open.Actually 'show hidden file and folder' option dosen't worked.I have scanned with NOD32 and AVG free edition but no such virus has found and I have also formatted  for atleast two times but the problems still in there. Please help

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: Unhide problm Please help
      « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:56:05 AM »
      First of all it is not a good idea to run to anti virus programs.  They normally don't like each other.  Try this from Microsoft support:
       Enable hidden and system files in Explorer if you haven't done so already. To do this, open Control Panel | Folder Options | View, and in Advanced Settings under Hidden Files and Folders, select "Show hidden files and folders," Below that, uncheck "Hide protected operating system files." (You will probably want to restore this option later.)
      From Start | Run, type %SystemRoot%\inf and press Enter.
      Find the file named sr.inf. Right click on it and select Install.
      You may be prompted for your Windows installation media, or a directory on your hard drive that has the \i386 folder. If you installed Service Pack 2 (as opposed to installing a version of Windows XP with SP2 preinstalled), use the folder %SystemRoot%\ServicePackFiles\i386 .
      If you have
      "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

gautam

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »
        Thanks for your reply.But sorry it dosen't work. ??? ??? ???

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »
        Try going into your Registry Editor

Go to Start --> Run --> type regedit and press Enter

Now, navigate to:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsot\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\

Find the entry called Hidden . Before you do anything, what is the current value?

JJ 3000

Egghead
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:36:22 AM »
        First of all it is not a good idea to run to anti virus programs. 

Two (2) antivirus programs can be just as bad, if not worse, than none at all. It can be difficult trying to uninstall an antivirus because some of them just hang in there with tenacity. But, for best results, pick the one you like the best and uninstall the other(s). You will be amazed at the difference in performance.
        Save a Life!
        Adopt a homeless pet.
        http://www.petfinder.com/