Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hacker using proxy! plz help destroyed many site  (Read 4803 times)

Alan20

Hacker using proxy! plz help destroyed many site
« on: February 08, 2005, 09:44:35 PM »
Alright since this is a secruity based forum i thought it best to post this here,

ok heres my actually not mine but quite a few peoples problems,

theres a hacker going around to gmail, freehosting123, rojo anytype of invite swapping site basicaly, and he hacks in there deletes all post in the forums (thats where all the trading goes on) and he has unbanned spammers banned mod/members, and causes mass chaos in the forum, so you can see our trouble, in one of these (2 forums are known so far) he stole gmail invites that were up for auction at a site.  we believe he is trying to get ahold of freehosting123 invites which many consider quite valuable, since it would seem none are in circulation at the time.

ok now enough rambling we believe hes using a proxy (dont know too much about this stuff just repeating) he have the address for it as well if you need that i can post it, but we need to find a way to trace his true I.P address and catch him, before he causes more harm,

any and all help is wanted

if you need anymore info than please just specify

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Hacker using proxy! plz help destroyed many si
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 10:59:20 PM »
    Alan20........There is an abuse link on freehosting123.com for complaints such as this ...have you reported this guy ?
    Also there is also a link to getting a proxy ip address on that site as well ....have you checked it out .
    Has the hacker broken any laws because if you contact your local police with any info you have on him .....they have all the resources to track him down.
    If you want a invite to freehosting123.com ........contact someone using the service and see if they will give you an invite .

Good luck.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Alan20

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 09:45:32 PM »
    well actually i have no idea if the guy is using Freehosting123, all we know is hes been going around to these 2 sites and screwing them, up, he hasnt done enough to report him to police, hes just screws up the owners forums so they have to start over again

and no i dont need an invite to fh123, just trying to help these 2 boards out since im a moderator at one,

but thanks for the help/advice dl65

Corrosive

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »
    Try updating whichever forum software you are using, and possibly the server software and the interpreter for the scripting language installed on it (PHP, ASP, ColdFusion etc). He'll be exploiting a loophole in that.