Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC is failing to boot  (Read 2093 times)

acousticman

Topic Starter

PC is failing to boot
    « on: May 26, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »
    I have been running into this problem lately where my PC will turn on, but will not boot or even show the beggining screens of the boot up.  I built this PC a year ago and is my 3rd build, so I installed all components.  The fans are all spinning, but it doesn't seem like the fan on the heatsink is working.  it will spin and then stop and then try to spin.  So I am wondering if my processor failed and/or the heat sink is fried.  Can anyone help???

brett74

Apprentice

Re: PC is failing to boot
      « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »
      it sounds like to me either the cpu is overheating or it's fried since the fan wasn't working right. I would try and clean it out but more than likely the cpu is fried.

acousticman

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »
        is there usually a burned mark on the processor if it is fried?  I am also hearing repeated bursts of power from the PS. I thought it was maybe the sink fan doing it, but it is the actual power supply.

Frankie

Apprentice
        • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
          « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
          it sounds like to me either the cpu is overheating or it's fried since the fan wasn't working right. I would try and clean it out but more than likely the cpu is fried.

Sorry same problem to the same post!! Does it ring a bell Brett?

hejlik

Hopeful

• Have a GREAT day!!
            « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:44:58 PM »
            Sounds like it could be a bad power supply.
            Dan

No matter where you go    there you are.

ASUS P5B DELUXE, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800, GeForce 7900GS, SeaSonic EPS12V 500W Power Supply, Western Digital Caviar 160GB SATA Hard Drive