Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which Vista Version should i use  (Read 3529 times)

extreme

Which Vista Version should i use
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »
Dear users
I have pentium HT Processor 3.0 2MB with intel G945CNL motherboard 2GB Kingston 667 DDR2 ram and 160GB HDD sata with 8400GS VGA which vista version should i use i have the ultimate version but it is giving error on installation the memory dump and stack error whole screen becomes blue with white writing and system crashes help ???
Thanks

Dias de verano

Re: Which Vista Version should i use
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 01:17:37 PM »
That hardware should run Vista without any trouble. You must have a lot of money if you can just buy any Vista version but see (3) below

1. Is the PC one you built yourself?
2. Is this a new build?
(If "yes", check that RAM is seated correctly and is compatible with motherboard)

3. Is your Vista disk a genuine Microsoft OS install disk?

(If "yes", is it damaged? - if "no" go directly to "No piracy advice here")

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 02:27:34 PM »
You can simply download/install/run this and it will recommend the best version for you.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
It also depends on what you are going to do on the computer. For example, if you want a gaming computer, you might not want Vista Ultimate so you can maximise game performance.
It all depends on what you want.

However, the application Steve posted will tell you what your computer is capable of running.