Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard and mouse drivers  (Read 5556 times)

bad7uk

Topic Starter

keyboard and mouse drivers
    « on: May 27, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
    hi all,
    this might sound stupid but ive just had my pc repaired and the guy saidi need to download the drivers for my usb keyboard and mouse to work. ive downloaded them to disc using a laptop, but how do i get them on my pc. bearing in mind i cannot use them. sorry but im a complete novice at this.
    thanks

stevejohnson1958

Re: keyboard and mouse drivers
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
    Borrow a PS/2 mouse and/or keyboard...and use them to install your drivers.
    « Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:14:39 PM by stevejohnson1958 »

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:57:20 AM »

wereit

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:22:08 AM »
      Firstly ensure you have installed your drivers for your motherboard, as the ps2 components are attached to it.  Generally the disk of drivers come with your computer if you bought it new back when.

If you dont have the disk, try ensuring that have the drivers installed by looking for yellow question marks under device manager (right click my computer/manage), and right click them and select update drivers.

If your pc guy reinstalled your os, your motherboard drivers may need reinstalling is all...

Otherwise, check out the make and model of your keyboard and mouse if you bought them as an additional desk set, and download drivers from the manufacturer's website....

Good Luck... 8)
      the link between MAN and GEEK

daryllsilorio

Intermediate

• "Say hello to my little friend!"
        « Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 04:45:38 AM »
        use a ps/2 mouse and keyboard
        maygering

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
        So, like, what kind of "repair" is this when the tech person doesn't install the drivers necessary for the hardware to work?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 03:34:18 AM »
        So, like, what kind of "repair" is this when the tech person doesn't install the drivers necessary for the hardware to work?

Sadly, I see this happen too often. In fact, there's another thread around here somewhere. Someone had a video card installed and it wasn't working properly. Just turned out whoever installed it didn't bother to put the driver on.

A laptop I had come through here recently that had been reverted to XP from Vista had the same problem. The people he took it to just installed XP and didn't bother to install any XP drivers so he had no sound, network, etc. and couldn't figure out why. He thought they broke it, but they just didn't "finish" the job.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 03:56:38 AM »
        Oh, for the love of Mike!

I know some of my "help" posts are pretty lame, and I don't know a lot of what I wish I did, but I know enough to install drivers!!

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
          • Obituary
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 04:12:05 AM »
        This post brought back old memories.Thanks Folks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRu8-5Nyek

"Romper, bomper, stomper, boo.
        Tell me, tell me, tell me do.
        Magic mirror, tell me today.
        Did all my friends have fun at play?"

With the chant spoken, the Romper Room hostess gazed through the empty mirror frame and recited the names of the lucky children whom she pretended to see watching the program (a different list of names each day). For example, "I see Tommy and Susan and Hannah and William and Mary and all you boys and girls out there." Of course, the hostess really couldn't see the children, but to the kids at home, as they listened for their name to be mentioned, they knew that they were someone special, at least in the World of Romper Room.

TRIVIA NOTE: Former Romper Room hostess Mary Ann King (in Los Angeles from 1966-76) was mugged in the parking lot of a Hometown Buffet in the City of Industry on December 17, 2003. The encounter gave King, 70, a broken arm, rib and punctured lung. Besides her injuries, the thieves stole a black taffeta bag that contained the original Magic Mirror (white plastic mirror frame) used on the Romper Room program so many years. King began carrying the magic mirror around with her to satisfy the wishes of people who confronted her with the allegations "you never said my name." In the case of the criminals who stole the item, King confessed "I'm sure those hoodlums who did this just looked at the mirror and said, 'What in the world is this,' and just discarded it."

With All My Love,

PeckerWood............. :D
        Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.