Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 query  (Read 2413 times)

vk3kbr

Topic Starter

Outlook 2003 query
    « on: June 01, 2008, 02:11:52 AM »
    G'day all,
    I receive and send a lot of E-mails.  I want to get rid of the contact details in the forwarded mails that I send.
    While I have many friends, some of them do not know each other.
    If I forward an E-mail, they are able to see the details of all the recipients by running the mouse over the recipient
    in the "TO" list.  It shows a grey circle and by clicking on this circle, the details show.

Is there a way to stop this happening?  If so could you advise me of the step by step process of carrying this out?
    I am an older bloke, and some of these things are quite foriegn to me.

Thank you in advance for your help in this mater.

Rodney Jackson

ValerieMay

Beginner

Re: Outlook 2003 query
      « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:18:30 AM »
      Hello Rodney.

Good to see a VK3 on the CH forums.  I don't have an answer to your query as I'm not familiar with Outlook but isn't there a BCC facility in Outlook which hides the recipient list?

Someone with more experience than I have will be along shortly to assist you.

Good luck - 73's - meet you one day at the bottom end of the bands.

V.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:31:23 AM »
      Another option would be to Copy and Paste just the body of the message into a new e-mail...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »
      Another option is to remove those former recipient addresses from the body of the message you are forwarding.  Here's how:

Click on Forward to open the message in a Forward screen.  Then, highlight the list of previous recipients by dragging your mouse over them while holding the left mouse button down.  Then, hit the Delete key. 

vk3kbr

Topic Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 03:19:44 AM »
        G'day again blokes,
        Yes, the BCC does the job.  However I click on the people who I want to receive the mail and "Bingo" it goes into the send to line.  There are usually too many people to type them in manually.
        Is there a way to have them go into the Bcc line automatically?

The other point is, I do delete the top of all messages to remove the original senders, but the problem lies when I send the e-mail to others.  Although the contacts show as only a first name, if you were to move the mouse over any of those names listed in the message sent to, there is a grey blob appears beside them. 
        By clicking on that blob, the full details of that person become visible.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

ROdney vk3kbr