Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics and screen corruption  (Read 4884 times)

jack hayman

Graphics and screen corruption
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:47:33 PM »
i seem to have  problem with my games. After a bit of playing them, the game, and the rest of the screen go wierd. Here is a screenshot:

The computer doesn't seem to notice (i can do normal stuff, but the screen is like that) and when i restart, it goes away. It's not the monitor, since the onscreen menu for the monitor is normal when it appears. But it is really annoying since it screws up the game, and noone seems able to help me. Any ideas?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Graphics and screen corruption
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:12:38 PM »
Well.... Mind telling us which video card you have? It sounds like your drivers are not as up-to-date as they should be... Also, does this happen with ALL games, or just one?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

jack Hayman

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:24:32 PM »
I have a Radeon 9600 SE. (not overclocked) i'm not sire about the drivers, i'll get the newest ones. And for some strange reason, it doesn't happen on steam games, i.e Half Life 2, CS:S, etc. but on all the other games. (except the source mod Garrysmod).

not drivers

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »
i installed the drivers. They didn't work, and as soon as a game loaded it went screwy again.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
Well... Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you have said, it ONLY happens on this game... It sounds like your system is not completely compatible with it...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

more games

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 06:26:05 AM »
it happens on all of the games i've tried (except for CSS, HL2,etc.) the following games have screwed up so far:

Warhammer 40,00 Dawn of War
GarrysMod
Lemming Ball Z (freeware)
Quake 3 (and team arena)

Before you say these might ont be compatible, Q3 and TA worked before. Now that i think opf it, it started when i installed GarrysMod. I'll see what happens if i uninstall it...