Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sharing permissions in active directory  (Read 2893 times)

scotty doesnt know

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    Sharing permissions in active directory
    « on: June 05, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
    Hi,

I am using Windows Server 2008 Standard. I know, a new edition, and I'm sorry if it isn't supposed to be written about, but I am stuck.

This is on a dell poweredge 2900, 2GB of RAM, 2 Xeon processors and full install. This computer is the DC as well.  I am trying to setup some shares, but I am having trouble with the permissions.

I created a share named common, that people will access through a mapped drive. I want to give only Administrators (user or group) ability to create folders and files in this specific folder.

Under the share common, I have created several folders, for ease and testing, I am only using one, MISC.  I want all Users (Domain Users Group) to have read/write/execute permissions to this folder.

What I am experiencing is the folder Misc.  is inheriting the permissions from the common folder. No Domain Users are able to create Folders/Files in the share.

I am becoming lost, and any assistance is very much appreciated. 
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Sharing permissions in active directory
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »
    Rename the Misc folder...this is probably a built-in MS Bill Knows Best security feature...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "