Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help I can't view our video  (Read 3279 times)

Majyk

Topic Starter

Help I can't view our video
    « on: May 31, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »
    We uploaded a flash video on our website with an embedded player to our server. Have done 9 shows so far and no problems. Now on our 10Th show everyone can see our video but our router is blocking it . It downloads or buffers maybe 20mb of a 100 mb video then stops. We unhooked the router and hooked 1 computer to our cable modem and behold our video will play but when the router is back in place it again gets stopped part way through. We have replaced the router with first a brand new SMC router and again with a D-Link router both did not solve the problem. The video plays fine locally on our network but once it is uploaded we can't view it but we have checked around and others including our ISP and our server people can see it on our website. Is this a coding or port  problem coming back at our router or a security issue coming back at our router ? Help please !!! Really embarrassing when clients come to our office and we can't show them our work. The website is www.peopleinconnection.com Check it out. :'(

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      Re: Help I can't view our video
      « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »
      If with the computer directly connected to internet it works fine and with router it does not work, than the problem is on the router (router settings or router malfunctioning).
      What SMC router?
      I'm watching your video now using a very cheap router between my computer and internet network. No problem. Video completely buffered to my computer, the download is finished (I have a pretty good connection to internet), now is playing, reached almost 40% with no glitch.
      Now it's at 90%, no problems. Man, I hate that yellow banner (Event alerts).
      « Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:21:04 PM by viking »

Majyk

Topic Starter

Re: Help I can't view our video
        « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »
        Thank you so much for the help but we have solved the problem . Upset because we went through three routers before figuring it out. Turns out that the software we were using to convert and shrink the video [so it was not 5.2 gigs ] was changing the coding somehow. We could view it locally but after it was uploaded and we tried to view it the coding problem was hitting the router. We fixed it by using a different software to shrink and convert the video to around 120 mbs and we have not had any issues so far . Still can't figure out why after doing 9 conversions that the 10th time would do this?
        But all is well and we appreciate your help. ;D