Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Aid Semi New Build  (Read 2349 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Aid Semi New Build
    « on: June 09, 2008, 02:07:55 PM »
    Okay I had a few parts that I got cause I didnt know where I could get most of the stuff on the site.  But I think that the board works its a biostar 478 pent 4.  Know what I wondered is what I can get without putting to much money into it.  I have a psu an some extra smaller drives.  Want a maxtor or western digital sata drive, need ddr ram an a decent pent 4.  I'm going to cuse the onboard audio an video but I also have an AGP video card an Sound cards if they would work better.  Cause I heard that its better then using the on board.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Aid Semi New Build
    « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »
    Well, the on-board video and sound usually or often work off the RAM on board (they borrow part of the RAM).  If RAM's not an issue, most on board video and sound will work just fine for everyday tasks.

If I have video or sound cards available, I throw them in, but I've used on-board video with no problem (when I didn't mind the bite it takes out of your RAM) and used on-board sound with no problem at all.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 02:29:16 PM »
      At most a gig but its not certain that I will do so, I will ether put 2k or me on the machine.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

homer

Expert
        « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:12:30 PM »
        out of personal experience, i recommend not purchasing maxtor drives. i would consider purchasing seagate HDs.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
          Just cause I had the problem with the gaming pc drives doesnt mean it there fault.

homer

Expert
            « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »
            i never said it was their fault. i said out of my personal experience, i recommend not purchasing them.

Crafty

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:22:25 PM »
            Just cause I had the problem with the gaming pc drives doesnt mean it there fault.

Maxtor hard drives are crap. I have had more trouble with them drives then anyother harddrives!!

How many computers have you got? Every week you seem to come up with a different computer and a new problem lol.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:23 AM »
              I personally have about six,  all together my dad an I have about 9 an two laptops.  Thats cause I try to improve there preformance,  but I want to build this.