Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unusual DVD problem  (Read 6374 times)

Allwayssomething

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Unusual DVD problem
    « Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »
    I have done what both of you said, thx for joining patio, and results are:

After i uninstalled all burn programs,unplugged,than plugged back in DVD's,installed Nero 6 i took 2 blank dvd's i had, 1st was traxdata DVD+R and 2nd epro DVD+R (no DVD-R unfortunately) and started testing.
    In windows there was no changes, no autoplay or any response like before.
    Than i opened nero and went into create data dvd,it didnt recognize DVD at first but than i went to disc info and it recognized dvd and i could burn it which i did. On 50% of burning Used read buffer went to 50% and was going up and down till the end but no errors. Burning successful for both but with a lot of struggling and loading.
    After burning i wanted to check how are they reading dvd's that they burned, Pioneer passed for both dvd's with autoplay and all but LiteOn couldn't read non of the 2 even the one it burned. lol

Than i saw patio's reply,it sounded very good, and tried that,after i uninstalled/rebooted sec IDE wasn't installed at all,it said unknown IDE or smth so i installed it automatically and went to advanced options to check DMA; it said: Device 0
                                   DMA if available
                                   Current transfer mode: Not Applicable

Device 1
                                   DMA if available
                                   Current transfer mode: Ultra DMA Mode 4
    I clicked ok, rebooted just in case, and there were no changes in work of DVD's except that now in MyComp. for LiteOn it says CD Drive under name and type and i belive it loads DVD+R faster in nero. Btw where can i find SATA settings for DMA & PIO?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »
    Sorry it took awhile to get back...
    The Lite-On showing as CD isn't an issue...Windows by nature will report a multi-function drive according to the last media it saw...one of those Gate's quirks i guess.  ::)

As far as the SATA settings you can check in the BIOS to make sure UDMA is the setting on the SATA burner...

Good Luck.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allwayssomething

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 07:39:06 AM »
      Hehe thank you!!

Ill proceed to fine tuning now that the problem is solved.

Thank you all you have been very helpful!

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 07:48:47 AM »
      I'm sure patio will be quite glad you have the issue under control...as I am.

Let us know if we can help any fiurther.