Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: floppy diskette seek error  (Read 2884 times)

brett74

Topic Starter

Apprentice

floppy diskette seek error
    « on: June 10, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
    hi I have a dell computer with vista and upon startup i get floppy diskette seek error and I have no floppy drive installed I've changed the boot order so that it will exclude it from that but no go I can still get into windows by pressing F1. just wondering what you guys thought about this thanks

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: floppy diskette seek error
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
    It's not on the boot order. Disable FDD controller on the BIOS. :)
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

brett74

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »
      okay thanks I'm not familiar with dell bios but I know that I can disable it thru windows though where would the fdd controller be in bios. be back a in few I'm gonna check the bios out one mroe time. I got it guys thanks it's fixed thanks jerryheavyarms

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:53:23 AM »
      Im not familiar with DELL Bios but i think it would be in Standard CMOS settings...

Goodluck and keep us posted! ;D
      "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
      --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

brett74

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »
        hi I got it fixed problem solved I had a couple issues and I got them fixed as well. This was my brother's computer and I was leary about fixing it but it's fixed now.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
        Good job, Bro! 8)
        --Kuya Daniel Razon