Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: webcam or video card w/cam????  (Read 2213 times)

primalsledge

Topic Starter

Starter

webcam or video card w/cam????
    « on: June 10, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
    hey guys,I'm coming to the experts because I'm not sure what i need. i want to set a video cam and web feed up on my PC,but i dint know what is the best route. i want a good,clean live picture,WITHOUT that jerky stuff happening. can someone please tell me what it is I'm going to need to buy. i have a pretty good PC (alienware for gaming),AMD 3500+,nvidia 7800GTX pcie,and a gig of ram. it works great for gaming,but I'm entering a whole new world here. any help at all would be greatly appreciated.                        THANX IN ADVANCE

primalsledge

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: webcam or video card w/cam????
      « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
      sorry,im a moron!!!! i would like to know what camera and or video card and camera i need to get. probly should have made that more specific huh??

primalsledge

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:13:24 AM »
        5 days and no replys. not even any idea's. so much for the name of the site.....THERES NO HOPE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:15:18 AM »
        Well, now, that may not be true...

Let me poke around a little...

Now, do you just want the camera for video chat, or are you going to set up a feed on a web site?  What kinds of products and / or software have you looked at so far?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »
        Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure how this could have slipped through our fingers...

Anyways, basically you're looking for a webcam.

WITHOUT that jerky stuff happening
        If you're looking through a preview window on the computer, no webcam nowdays has any 'jerkyness' (from my experience).
        I think you are talking about over the internet? This happens because of the connection between the two computers, not the camera itself.

I have an old Logitech webcam. In the preview window on my computer, it's very smooth and clear but online it's not.

primalsledge

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »
          yes,im looking to set up a feed from a website. i have looked at some Logitec stuff,but i really dont know what i need. theres some pretty expensive stuff,but that doesnt always mean the best,or what you need. so,thats why im here. some of the sites i have looked at,the cameras are very clean and clear ,and the movement is like watching a movie or TV,but some are blocky and choppy. thats what im trying to stay away from.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 02:10:17 AM »
          For a camera, I think you are probably going to want something with a lot of frames per second and megapixels. As for a website feed, what do you mean? Do you have an example?