Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stop the Bio's.  (Read 2004 times)

srtony1946

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Stop the Bio's.
    « on: June 11, 2008, 02:56:35 AM »
    I had a friend recently help me build my current computer, On start up My computer go's thru this 30 sec or so bio's screen. My old computer did not do this so how can I stop this action.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Stop the Bio's.
      « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:10:20 AM »
      Okay its called the BIOS, what is coming up is probably the post which is normal, unless you are meaning something else.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

hmar

Beginner

Re: Stop the Bio's.
        « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »
        You can disable this by choosing "express" or "short" or whatever you particular bios calls it in your bios settings. It sounds like your computer is running full post (Power On Self Test) whenever you turn it on. If it really bothers you, follow the instructions on the screen as it flies by to get into bios, and set the appropriate action. Your motherboards manual should be able to help.