Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot watch video clips  (Read 1988 times)

sull0711

Cannot watch video clips
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »
My computer crashed about 3 weeks ago and I had it fixed about a week ago. Originally,  I went through and looked at all the repairs that were necessary and everything seemed to be working fine. The only thing I had not tried to do was watch a video clip on media player. When I did eventually try it, I ran into problems. Whenever I try to watch anything on windows media player, the screen starts to blink on and off. The same occurred on Quicktime, Winamp, and Youtube. The screen continues to blink until I close the player program and each time the program stops responding so it takes much longer to shut down the program. I cannot figure out what is causing this because when I try to listen to music on any of these programs (except Youtube) I have no probems.
Each time the blinks on and off the Event Viewer states that either the wuauclt database engine has stopped, the wuaueng.dll database engine has stopped, or their is a hanging application.
I cannot figure out what to do to fix this and I cannot afford to send the process back to the computer tech.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Cannot watch video clips
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:38:02 PM »
If you paid someone to fix your computer then you should definitely take it back and tell them that they didn't finish the job. Most computer techs will fix it for free (if they are at all concerned about their reputation)

If you really don't want to take it back to him try this: Click Start then Run and type in Devmgmt.msc and press enter. This will take you to Device Manager. If you see any yellow"?" or red"!" then you need a driver for that device. Go to your computer manufacturers website and see if they have driver downloads.

Also, it could just be something really simple like getting updates from microsoft. Maybe downloading flash player might help:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/