Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: both CD-ROM and CDRW cannot read discs  (Read 4281 times)

Darren

Topic Starter

Rookie
    both CD-ROM and CDRW cannot read discs
    « on: February 13, 2005, 11:05:20 AM »

Both my cd and cdr drives aren't detecting the many different cd's i've tried. They are displayed in My Computer. Have tried going to control panel > system > device manager, but it says both my devices are working properly. Data cables are not faulty. I can even eject using the eject button in My computer but it just can't read discs that are entered. have even tried reinstalling drivers but the same problem occured. please help.

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      Re: both CD-ROM and CDRW cannot read discs
      « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:43:44 PM »
      Hello friend, how are you? Goto ur BIOS setup and change the booting sequence to CD ROM ,floppy then HARD DISK. Also make a windows 98 bootable floppy. After changing the booting sequence, save changes to BIOS and insert bootable floppy and also insert the windows98 bootable CD into the master CD Drive and restart your system.
      When system is booting from floppy, it will ask you "Start computer with CD ROM support". So select this option with thw help of arrow keys. Then press enter. Afetr a successfull startup of ur system, it will show the CD DRIVE letter at last. Note that letter and type "x:" and press enter.
      Where x represent that drive letter in which you have inserted windows98 CD.
      If it works then it means that problem is not with CD DRIVES but with windows.
      So reinstall windows in that case.
      Hoe this will solve your problem.
      Take care of you and others and be happy.
      Bye...:)
      Dur-E-Wahab
      do take care of you and others