Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hardrives  (Read 2602 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Hardrives
    « on: June 14, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
    I had a thought the other day. I have 2 hardives in my computer one 40GB maxtor and one 10GB generic one. I have a CD drive a DVD drive HP double layered DVD burner and 512 of ram. My computer is an Emachine but when I got it it was just a motherboard so I put all the stuff in. My problem is my internet only seems to get up to 11MBPS on a good day somtimes its 5.5 somtimes its 2.0 its a Dynex Wireless G router Card that plugs into a PCI slot in the back of my computer thats the only kind of slot I have. At certain times tho when I'm messing with my computer like the other day when I took my Slave hardrive out it was boosted up to 36MBPS. So my questions are does Ram Effect your wiressless connection speed does the fact I have 2hardrives in their do anything slow down my connection I mean. If anyone could answer my questions that would be most helpful thank you. Oh one more thing I only have 512 of ram because the other ram card slot is broken card wont stay in because the little white tab on the side is loose.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Hardrives
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
    What OS ?
    A hard drive shouldn't slow down/effect your connection speeds.
    Even though that's a full paragraph you omitted alot of info.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:37:35 AM »
      Windows XP I have 3 computers hooked up to 1 router upstairs downstairs and I mean the computer that is getting the bad singal is right next to the one getting the best signal. I have all my updates installed and before this computer the 2 other ones I had before it were running between 54 and 36MBPs. I would say its the router but how am I suppose to believe that when it gets a higher connection when I mess with my Bios?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
      What have you "messed with" in the BIOS that would affect your connection speed ? ?
      I don't think there are any BIOS settings that would accomplish this...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
        • Obituary
      « Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »
      Have you tried uninstall and reinstall of the Dynex?

Have you looked for the latest drivers?--->LookHere
      Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.