Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need a lil help  (Read 2277 times)

36ozs

Topic Starter

Need a lil help
    « on: June 14, 2008, 10:26:29 PM »
    im operating a windows xp pro and about  a week ago my sound icon usually on my taskbar disappeared and a little bit after that, everytime i logged in and made it to the desktop, windows driver installer pops up with a pci device and i went on the the steps eventauly coming to were the correct installer couldn't be downloaded.   . After  this i went to the start menu and on to the asscessories, entertainment and then sound when i clicked on sound a notice popped up saying there are no active mixers, from that point i started look into the problem but have found no solution.   whatever it mite be  is interferring with games, music, making cd anything and everything that has to do with sound has pretty much came to a halt. Can i get a lil help?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Need a lil help
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
    You will need to download the drivers for what appears to be your Sound Card.

If you play a music file, can you hear any music at all?

What is the exact model of your Sound Card?

If you go to the Sound Card Manufacturer's website, you can find the appropriate drivers and install them from there.

36ozs

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »
      Any sounds have stopped, a couple of days ago i started up my game despite lack of sound and rite after clicking a notice box popped up saying that  "your sound card is either missing or disabled" afterwards i went to the device manager and went to searching for the sound card and under sound, audio, and game controllers there was legacy audio driver, audio codec, video codec, legacy capture devices,and media control devices, after finding those i kept looking and didn't find the sound card

abubucker0

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »
        well dude you dont have the drivers for your soundcard just get name of the manufacturer and u downld it from dere site or from any other site...........
        if u don't know the manufacturer's name den use the "pc-wizard" software it gives all the information about the hardware of the system