Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: has anyone started working with windows server 2008?  (Read 2584 times)

MChandler

has anyone started working with windows server 2008?
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »
Has anyone been brave and tried working with windows server 2008 and what are their experiences with it...

gumbo

Starter

Re: has anyone started working with windows server 2008?
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 12:20:36 AM »
    I don't know if this is still relevant or not but I'll give you my thoughts on it such as they are.

I have used Server 2008 and it is good. There are obviously differences in the set up from 2003 but nothing major from what I can remember. I was using it as a domain controller, DNS, DHCP server, web server, VPN server and it was running a mail server. My only complaint about it would be that IIS would suddenly stop working halfway through the day and the only way I could get it running again was to restart the whole thing, this happened every day for about 4 weeks before I went back to 2003. This may have been solved by now with updates.
    If I remember rightly the only reason I went back to 2003 was because there was not an awful lot of support for 2008 around on the net and there was stuff that wouldn't run properly on IIS.