Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with DirectX  (Read 1944 times)

Stickaxe

Problem with DirectX
« on: June 16, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »
Okay, this may not be the right place for this question, and if it's not, I apologize. I have a problem that is really starting to get on my last nerves.

A few weeks ago, my computer crashed because of a "failing hard drive". Alright, so I take it in to a local computer service center, and they were able to copy everything to a new hard drive and install it into the computer.

But when I turned it on later, an error message came up that said my ATI Graphics Driver wasn't installed. Hmm, that's odd. No problem, I just went to the ATI web site and installed it again. I was back up and running in no time.

Or maybe not. Now the problem is, I can't play any PC games. It would always tell me that it can't find DirectX 9. Here we go again. So I go onto the internet and download the latest version of DirectX 9 no problem. I try to play a game but it still tells me that it can't find DirectX 9. Really?

So my question(s) is, did I do something wrong? Did I forget to do something? Has this happened to anyone here? Do you guys have any tips? I don't really know a lot about computer hardware, as I have come to realize. Thanks in advance.

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
    Re: Problem with DirectX
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
    could you post your computer specs also?

have you tried uninstalling it, and installing it again?..... and did you uninstall the previous version (if any) before you tried putting directx 9 on?