Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recommended Partioning Program  (Read 2662 times)

timrob

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Recommended Partioning Program
    « on: June 15, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »
    Norton no longer supports PQ Magic.  I wanted to buy a new partitioning program that has good technical support and is a quality program.  Many times when the computer locks up, and I have to do a hard power down, I can't recover without taking extreme measures: removing harddrive and disk checking with a second computer, reinstalling windows, wiping the harddrive clean and starting from scratch.  Chkdsk works only sometimes.  Diskdoctor rarely works.  What are the recommend  partitioning programs for Windows XP?  Also, if a make a DVD backup of the operating system, and reinstall with Norton Ghost, will that guarantee that problems with boot records, and master boot records will be fixed?

Blade285

Beginner

Re: Recommended Partioning Program
      « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »
      i personally like Paragon Partition Manager 9.0
      its got a good virtual mode etc.
      problem for me is that its buggy with Vista x64 (needs RecoveryCD to run, which doesnt have all the features), well as are all partitioners for 64 bit.
      i dont know how to solve your lock up problem, could be a faulty HDD
      'Have you tried turning it on and off? Have you checked it's plugged in?'- The IT Crowd automated help system