Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stats program  (Read 3041 times)

nax

Stats program
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:35:16 AM »
I am trying to make a stats program for my baseball team. I am having trouble with my sheet that displays the team leaders in each offensive category.  What I am trying to do is have the program look on a sheet entitled Season Totals which is put together by added all the weeks together.  Once it looks at Season totals, it is suppose to go through each category for example Hits.. and display the number of hits that the first, second an third team leaders have which is not in ascending or desending order and then it displays the name accordingly with there respective number of hits... ive been experimenting with different formulas suchs as VLOOKUP, MATCH, OFFSET and the problem i am facing is that if 2 people share the same amount of Hits it displays the same name twice.. even though i am having it search for the 3rd largest value by using the LARGE function as a subfuction of OFFSET, if anybody has any insight to this please email me at [email removed] or reply to this message.   Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:53:57 AM by Calum »