Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Usb not recognizing any usb devices at all but the device knows it connected  (Read 5317 times)

Ann Marie

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi

I have a IBM Thinkpad T41P with windows XP service pack 3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb hubs and controllers that did not work. I have tried the microsoft hotfix thinking that would resolve the issue but that as well did not work. I have 2 usb ports, everything is enabled and comes up as no conflicts or errors. I have also went into BIOS and the usb is enabled. I do have a 2.0 host controller

I have tried connected my kodak V705 camera which will indicate its connected to the computer, a mouse, a blackberry and an ipod.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Have you tried this without Service Pack 3 ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Ann Marie

Topic Starter

Starter

No I haven't. I will try that

thanks for the response

Ann Marie

Topic Starter

Starter

I had removed the service pack 3 and tried the connection and got the same response. the devices know they are connected the comp is just not responding to them.

additional info and i dont know if this helps but under the properties all the controllers and hubs have the same IRQ of 11 and the bandwidth is 10% on all of them