Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Questions about CH Question Post  (Read 2468 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Questions about CH Question Post
    « on: June 22, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »
    I gusse Nathian took some of the ideas then?  I saw a report to moderator button that I never seen before.  I'm not here long enough to notice changes all the time.  So what else is new?
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Questions about CH Question Post
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:22:28 AM »
    Report to moderator button??? You mean the one that sits at the bottom left of your post?]

It's been there.....for a very long time.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:23:27 AM »
    The moderator report button has been here ever since the forums were converted to SMF.
    The only new feature lately is the top/bottom links.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »
      Yeah I noticed those too but never seen why we really need them, I wasnt aware of that ever there.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
        • Yes
        • Technology News and Information
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
      To prevent you from clicking the Report to Moderator button to see what happens, heres what a reported post looks like to a moderator (we get them in email...)

The following post, "<The topic name goes here>" by <the name of the poster being reported goes here> has been reported by <the reporters name> on a board you moderate:

<and a link to the actual post being reported>

The reporter has made the following comment:
      <Here, the reporter can add a comment about why they reported the post>

Regards,
      The Computer Hope Forum Team.

The "Report to Moderator" feature is something that comes with all SMF forums, and is enabled by default. Its really clever. Before, we didnt really have a way of notifying people, except by having them write personal messages to whatever staff was online. If no one was online, it usually went to GX1_Man, whom we all miss visiting very much. (He still drops in every so often, and even takes care of reported posts too)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:18:08 AM »
        Okay, isn't it alot easier.  Thats what I wanted to do, but nothing seems to work.