Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: resize drive  (Read 2452 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

resize drive
    « on: June 21, 2008, 05:51:09 AM »
    I had an idea of how to resize my drive this moring.  Its a western digital, I connected a maxblast drive an put in maxblast four.  Sees the drives but it only sees 2 gb of the 20 of the western.  I dont want to remove the stuff on the drive, just the one partiton. 
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
    • Sup!?
      • Where we learn IT daily!
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: resize drive
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »
    Remove the partiton and you will lose it all. Ghost everything off the drive and then put back after the new configuration.
    Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:13:56 AM »
      Can you get copies of that?  I mean like trial an what not.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
      • Sup!?
        • Where we learn IT daily!
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 07:33:17 AM »
      Not really, you will need to purchase it, about $30 to $50.
      Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »
        Thats what I figured,  My dad uses a copy at work wonder if its not possible to copy that, tring to save money not illegaly use.