Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MultiMedia Pc Build  (Read 5149 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

MultiMedia Pc Build
    « on: June 18, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »
    I thought that I was going to start building this pc.  However I went to newegg,geeks,tiger an couldnt find a socket d.  Unless that I'm not looking for the right name for the cpu I dont know what cpu I really should use.  We have recommened that I use a duo but wondered if I still couldnt get the D socket.  I have found a good audio card, few other things that I will post later an need a good video card a cup a board an then ram.  Which sounds like alot but I base it around the board its self so I know what to get.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: MultiMedia Pc Build
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »
    so what's your question? what motherboard? what cpu?

homer

Expert
      « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »
      what is your budget?

abubucker0

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
        what is your budget?
        i think this the most important thing........

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 06:11:51 PM »
          socket d.  Unless that I'm not looking for the right name for the cpu I dont know what cpu I really should use.  We have recommened that I use a duo but wondered if I still couldnt get the D socket.   I have about four hundred spending cash not that Im going to spend it all at once.  Maybe get one or two thing then wait an get more.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

hejlik

Hopeful

• Have a GREAT day!!
            « Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »
            You are almost always better off waiting and buying everything at once. Prices of most computer components tend to go down in price.
            Dan

No matter where you go    there you are.

ASUS P5B DELUXE, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800, GeForce 7900GS, SeaSonic EPS12V 500W Power Supply, Western Digital Caviar 160GB SATA Hard Drive

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 03:59:56 AM »
              Then the newer parts cost more, Just like to have an idea then so I have it, mite get other parts that I need.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                • Yes
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 04:01:54 AM »
              There is no socket D.
              I think you mean Intel's Pentium D line of CPUs, which use Socket 775.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 04:24:46 AM »
                That mite be it, at least I thought at first, appearntly I was right I think, does it have the pins on the board? 

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 04:39:25 AM »
                Socket LGA775 has775 pins on the "socket" which touch the underneath of the CPU.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 05:07:07 AM »
                  I thought so just wanted to make sure it was the right thing.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »
                    Okay I did find it should I get at least a 3ghz or will a 2.8 work okay?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                      • Yes
                    « Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »
                    What do you want?
                    A 3 or 2.8GHz what?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
                      Just if I shouldnt get 2.8 an be okay for doing this or go with something faster, which is always good.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
                      What CPU are you looking at?