Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Case 30cm deep or less  (Read 4291 times)

SmallGovBigPeople

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Computer Case 30cm deep or less
    « on: June 21, 2008, 06:25:29 AM »
    Does anybody know where I can buy a Computer Case that is 30cm deep or less (front to back)? 
    The width or height is not a problem. This case will fit in a cooling cabinet. The computer will run Win XP Office ect. plus high end DTP & 3D Studio.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer Case 30cm deep or less
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »
    I wouldn't put a computer in a cabinet of any sort, especially if it's to be used for high end work.
    Computers can generate a lot of heat, they're much better in an open space.
    That's a pretty small case too, especially for a high end system - you may find that powerful graphics cards will not fit very well in there.
    If you're in the US, try Newegg - they have good prices on a lot of components, and you'll be able ti find a case that meets your size requirements, although I do advise against it.

SmallGovBigPeople

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 05:09:17 PM »
      Thanks for your advice; I am aware about the cooling issue however I do require a case no deeper than 30cm front to back.  Most cases are about 40cm deep but I thought there may be a case out there that doesn’t conform to the usual format/layout.
      There is no search engine that allows me to search on size alone. I have sent a request to various suppliers but I thought I would try this forum (you never know).

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 07:58:14 PM »
      What you're probably looking for is a MicroATX or ATX Mini-tower case, which vary in size from about 8" - 18". But it you're doing high-end stuff, you're gonna want a nice video card, which most likely won't fit in one of these cases.

Here's some examples on Newegg.com:
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007+1054808292&name=MicroATX+Desktop
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007+1054808478&name=ATX+Mini+Tower

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "