Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Soundblaster Live CT4780 issue help request  (Read 2675 times)

J Guy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Soundblaster Live CT4780 issue help request
    « on: June 20, 2008, 08:53:32 AM »
    I've installed this card into my Win98 PC and everything works fine except the Playcenter app.  When a CD is put in the drive it is recognized and Playcenter attempts to play but and error comes up:  "Can not find PLAYSVR.dll or is wrong version."  The file is indeed in the folder so it must be a wrong version.  I can't find any more info on this issue and I don't know where to go.  Can some one suggest what next?  Also, on the Creative website I downloaded the User Manual and it shows 4 mini ports and 1 game port.  The card I have has 5 mini ports and 1 game port.  BTW, this came from my dead Dell PC.  Apparently the CT4780 was made for Dell by Creative.  Thanks

stevejohnson1958

Re: Soundblaster Live CT4780 issue help request
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31:29 AM »
    J Guy...

If this card came off your old Dell...do you still have the Service Tag number?  If so, visit Dell's site...you should be able to find the correct driver for that card...based on your Windows operating system...as well as the correct version of Play Center.

If you don't have the Service Tag...try locating the driver/software based on the model of your old Dell computer.

J Guy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »
      Thanks, I didn't think of that.

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
      You're welcome...no problem...

Keep us posted...