Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NEED HELP with video card and internet problem  (Read 1960 times)

Ryan4321

Topic Starter

Starter

NEED HELP with video card and internet problem
    « on: June 18, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
    First- I would like to know if upgrading from a Radeon x800 to a 8600GT is worth the $65. 

Also I have an internet connection problem.

I use windows xp sp2 and I will just inform you of what I have done to try to solve the problem so far.  I had the avg trial and then the avg miniport 2 driver corrupted.  I tried deleting it and it said it might be needed for system boot so it wouldnt let me delete it.  I also tried uninstalling/installing avg as well as pinging the ip addresss. 
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:26:34 AM by Ryan4321 »

Doug Vitale

Beginner

• Was that so hard?
      • Doug Vitale Tech Blog
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: NEED HELP with video card and internet problem
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
    First- I would like to know if upgrading from a Radeon x800 to a 8600GT is worth the $65. 

The Radeon x800 is a four-year-old graphics card; the 8600GT is only one year old. Isn't $65 worth three years of improved technical capabilities? If you are more than a casual gamer, the upgrade is worth it. The ATI x800 is comparable to the Nvidia GeForce 6800.

Also I have an internet connection problem.

I use windows xp sp2 and I will just inform you of what I have done to try to solve the problem so far.  I had the avg trial and then the avg miniport 2 driver corrupted.  I tried deleting it and it said it might be needed for system boot so it wouldnt let me delete it.  I also tried uninstalling/installing avg as well as pinging the ip addresss. 

Looks like someone tried to help you here:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=59592.0