Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer will not let win load gives you options of safe modes etc  (Read 2166 times)

angelrider

Topic Starter

system Security tech
    AMD
    Sempron processor 3200+1.8GHz
    with cool n'quiet tech and 256KB L2 cache
    60 GB (4200RPM) Hard Drive
    15.4nWXGA HIGH DEFINITION Bright View Screen
    512MB Memory ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M user configurable up to   128 MB video memory
    54g tm 802.11b/g WLAN with125HSM speedbooster support DVD+RW combo drive with double layer support 8-cell Lithium_Ion battery
    Msc Win XP Home edition and XP Service Pack 2 w/Advanced security technologities
    PC was in sleep mode when storm knocked out power and haven't been able to get MSC screen all way throught to sign in since

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: computer will not let win load gives you options of safe modes etc
    « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
    So what exactly is it doing? Is the load screeen freezing? Are you getting any messages? Have you tried booting into safe mode?

angelrider

Topic Starter

Re: computer will not let win load gives you options of safe modes etc
      « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 07:43:10 AM »
      My son kept it in sleep all the time a storm came up knocked the power out when he tried to boot up... the safe mode screen came on like when some one shuts down incorrectly .When we try to boot up in safe mode the windows screen comes up and starts the little time bar at the bottom it will do this about 5 secs will blink once and will take you back to the same screen when you can boot from safe mode . It will not let you boot from either. I have  shut down and repeatly hit F8 and to no avail still get the screen that lets u boot from safe mode or from where you were the last time the pc was working correctly and every time same thing.Please help, he needs this for his college classes. THANK YOU please email me suggestions [email protected]

e-mail addy removed to prevent SPAM
      « Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:29:28 AM by patio »