Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is there any software that will keep my system time constant?  (Read 4299 times)

shamiul111

Topic Starter

i need a software that will keep my system(pc) time constant in order to keep my system safe from time activated virus. is there any freeware/shareware software that wiil keep my system time and date constant?

stevejohnson1958

Re: Is there any software that will keep my system time constant?
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 04:54:57 AM »
    Well...that depends on your operating system...

If you're using Windows XP, there's a setting within Date and Time Properties, that will allow you to synchronize your system time with various servers.

Double-click the time on your System Tray to open this window.

Select the Internet Time tab.

Make sure the box is checked to Automatically synchronize with an Internet Time Server.

Select one of the servers using the drop down menu.

Click the Update Now button.

If the update fails using any of the servers available, there's a good chance your firewall protection is blocking the NTP port.

Simply open your firewall software and configure it to allow this port to connect for time synchronization.

I hope you found the above information useful...
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:52:16 AM by Saviour »

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »
    I think he or she means they want to keep the system date and time always the same, in effect to "stop the clock". That's the only way I can make sense of this.

to keep my system safe from time activated virus.

Which I have never heard of. shamiul111 also asked this question on Yahoo Answers, and got the same answer as I am going to give, only in a less polite form:

Get proper virus protection, then you won't have to do such a silly thing!

Of course, [call me suspicious if you want to] there is always the possibility that the real question in the OP's mind might be "How can I freeze the system clock so that a software trial never expires?"...

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
    "How can I freeze the system clock so that a software trial never expires?"...
    Most trial programs nowadays deactivate themselves if the clock is changed.